Specsavers have created eight new roles across our Support office for this program which offers ongoing training and development for a diverse range of employment backgrounds. Whether you are looking for your first corporate role, an experienced candidate looking to pivot into a new career or if your industry has been adversely impacted by Covid-19, we would love to hear from you. This is a 12-month fixed term contract with the view to permanency.
What we can offer you
At Specsavers we promise to make you feel good, smart and cared for. To support this promise we have a range of different benefits within the support office, that include.
• Quarterly Bonus Scheme
• Two free pairs of glasses
• On site free parking
• Birthday leave, Volunteer leave, Paid Parental leave
• Health & Wellbeing programs
• Fully funded Social Club – provides a wide range of activities throughout the year.
We are well-known for valuing our people and offer not only competitive reward and benefits but also ongoing development and training
The role & team
Our Data Team at Specsavers strive to improve and support our systems, to exceed the expectations of our colleagues and delight our customers with an experience they value.
The Data Team is integral to delivering organisation wide insights to help accelerate robust decision making, drive consistency and enable self-service for the business.
As a Data Analyst you will have so many exciting opportunities to experience not just the technical perspective of data, but also be able to work with our teams across finance and business reporting, our clinical team including some of the decision support and artificial intelligence data sets, our supply chain teams, working with data across our vast logistics network and our marketing and creative teams that generate some of those wonderful advertisements.
The skills we are looking for
• Be an active member of the team and New Talent cohort and contribute in a positive manner
• Proactively complete personal development and facilitate personal and career development
• An inquisitive nature with a passion for learning and growth
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate technical principles and business processes in simple language to stakeholders at all levels
• Adaptive to change with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
• Experience with cloud-based data systems is desirable
• Knowledge or experience in some the following tools & programming languages would be desirable:
o Azure Data Lake
o Azure Data Factory
o Azure Databricks (inc. SQL and Python)
o Azure SQL Server
o Power BI Premium
o Azure DevOps/Git
The Data Analyst role will be based in Port Melbourne.
The support office employs over five hundred staff across a variety of retail head office functions from Marketing to Finance as well as having more unique departments such as Audiology, Optometry and Glazing Services!
We like to think it’s a fun and positive place to work – why not have a look for yourself www.join.specsavers.com/au/department/support-office
Here at Specsavers, we support flexible working wherever possible to assist our people in achieving a balance between their work and personal life. We aim to provide flexibility in where, how and when we work.
Applicants for the role are required to have Australian working rights.