What we can offer you
At Specsavers we promise to make you feel good, cared for and smart. Being Great Place to Work accredited for the last two years, this is a great opportunity to join us as we continue our path to not just be great but be the BEST place to work!
We are well known for valuing our people and providing a supportive, driven and inclusive culture. Beyond that, we also have a range of different benefits within the support office, that include:
• Quarterly Bonus Scheme
• Two free pairs of glasses
• On site free parking
• Birthday leave, Volunteer leave, Paid Parental leave
• Health & Wellbeing programs
• Fully funded Social Club – provides a wide range of activities throughout the year.
The role & team
Our Technology department is embarking on an exciting journey of growth, and we have a newly created role for a Solution Designer to join our Technical Services team.
Reporting into our Head of Technical Services Leadership, you will be considered a technical leader and acts as the custodian of technical knowledge for our organisation. You will work across a wide variety of technologies and functions to design, build and implement required technology solutions to support the needs of our growing Audiology business.
Our existing audiology estate is a SCCM managed windows 10 environment and we have ambitious plans to migrate to our Intune based platform. Experience with these technologies would provide a significant advantage in this role.
At Specsavers, we believe in adopting a hybrid approach to support our people and the future of work. When not working from an alternative location, you will be based at our support office in Port Melbourne.
The skills we are looking for
• Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and supporting technology solutions
• Hands-on experience with cloud/SAS technologies including Azure, Office 365, SCCM and Intune endpoint management, (Windows 10, Virtualization, Storage / SAN, Wireless, VoIP, WAN, Firewall)
• Aptitude to think strategically and understand the practical application of technology infrastructure appropriate to the business and aligned with strategic business technologies
• Active self-initiated learner with a sound approach to finding solutions to technical challenges and actively pursue knowledge of industry best practice
• Management of USB and Bluetooth peripherals and custom device packaging and configuration would be highly regarded
• Current, formal technical certifications on technologies including Microsoft Windows, Intune, SCCM, Azure, AWS Cloud, Networking would be highly desirable
At Specsavers we believe a diverse, inclusive and flexible culture enables our people to bring their whole selves to work and be proud of doing so. When it comes to flexibility, we understand that one size doesn't fit all. Our flexible working at Specsavers enables us to work in ways that support our lifestyle to help us balance our career with the other important things in life
Creating a great place to work for our people is pinnacle to us and along with our Behaviours is at the core of everything we do, ensuring our people feel good, cared for and smart. We like to think it’s a fun and positive place to work – why not have a look for yourself https://join.specsavers.com/au/department/support-office/
Applicants for the role are required to have current working rights as per, relevant government legislation.