What we can offer you
At Specsavers we promise to make you feel good, cared for and smart. Being Great Place to Work accredited for the last two years, this is a great opportunity to join us as we continue our path to not just be great but be the BEST place to work!
We are well known for valuing our people and providing a supportive, driven and inclusive culture. Beyond that, we also have a range of different benefits within the support office, that include:
• Quarterly Bonus Scheme
• Two free pairs of glasses
• On site free parking
• Birthday leave, Volunteer leave, Paid Parental leave
• Health & Wellbeing programs
• Fully funded Social Club – provides a wide range of activities throughout the year.
The role & team
Our Technology department is embarking on an exciting journey of growth, and we have a newly created role for a Solution Designer – Commercial to join our Technical Services team.
Reporting into our Head of Technical Services Leadership, you will produce detailed solution designs ensuring required business outcomes are delivered in a manner aligned to global architectural specifications.
As our Solution Designer you will support Specsavers delivery functions, taking the High Level Designs and producing more specific designs that can be used as a basis for building the solutions. In your role you will work closely with Architects, Business Analysts, Product Vendors and Development Teams translating detailed business requirements into detailed solution designs that are delivered on time, within budget and in line with our architecture specifications.
At Specsavers, we believe in adopting a hybrid approach to support our people and the future of work. When not working from an alternative location, you will be based at our support office in Port Melbourne.
The skills we are looking for
• Demonstrated experience producing sound technical solutions to company standards aligned to architectural specifications in a complex organisation
• Familiar with architecture frameworks
• Proficient in the use of application, integration, data and technology design patterns
• Knowledge and understanding of the application architectural relevance & approaches to:
Performance & Scalability
Reliability & Availability
• Proficient in managing risk through identification and adoption of mitigation strategies associated with the solution design
• Proven design experience with ERP systems, ERP migrations and implementations
• Proven design experience with supply chain and warehouse management technologies
• Current, formal technical certifications on technologies including TOGAF, Oracle, Microsoft Certifications be highly desirable
At Specsavers we believe a diverse, inclusive and flexible culture enables our people to bring their whole selves to work and be proud of doing so. When it comes to flexibility, we understand that one size doesn't fit all. Our flexible working at Specsavers enables us to work in ways that support our lifestyle to help us balance our career with the other important things in life
Creating a great place to work for our people is pinnacle to us and along with our Behaviours is at the core of everything we do, ensuring our people feel good, cared for and smart. We like to think it’s a fun and positive place to work – why not have a look for yourself https://join.specsavers.com/au/department/support-office/
Applicants for the role are required to have current working rights as per, relevant government legislation.