What you'll do
What we can offer you
At Specsavers we promise to make you feel good, cared for and smart. Being Great Place to Work accredited for the last two years, this is a great opportunity to join us as we continue our path to not just be great but be the BEST place to work!
We are well known for valuing our people and providing a supportive, driven and inclusive culture. Beyond that, we also have a range of different benefits within the support office, that include:
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Two free pairs of glasses
- On site free parking
- Birthday leave, Volunteer leave, Paid Parental leave
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Fully funded Social Club – provides a wide range of activities throughout the year.
The role & team
Due to an internal promotion our Technology department is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Technical Services team.
Reporting into our Solution Designer, you will work across a wide variety of technologies and functions to design, build and implement required technology solutions to support the needs of our business. As the Systems Engineer you will be considered a technical leader and act as the custodian of technical knowledge.
The skills we are looking for
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing and supporting technology solutions using appropriate;
- Cloud/SAS technologies including Azure, Office 365 and Intune device management
- Configuration management suites including SCCM and Intune
- Modelling (Visio, Abacus, ERWin)
- Platforms (Redhat, Windows, Virtualization, Storage / SAN, Fibre zoning, Wireless, VoIP, WAN, Firewall, Network Load Balancer, Switch Network etc.)
- Scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, vbscript etc.)
- Demonstrated aptitude to think strategically and understand the practical application of technology infrastructure appropriate to the business and aligned with strategic business technologies
- Keen self-starter, able to take responsibility for delivery of required outcomes with limited supervision
- Active self-initiated learner with a sound approach to finding solutions to technical challenges and actively pursue knowledge of industry best practice
- Current, formal technical certifications on technologies including Microsoft Windows, Oracle, Linux, Azure, AWS Cloud would be highly desirable
At Specsavers we believe a diverse, inclusive and flexible culture enables our people to bring their whole selves to work and be proud of doing so. When it comes to flexibility, we understand that one size doesn't fit all. Our flexible working at Specsavers enables us to work in ways that support our lifestyle to help us balance our career with the other important things in life
Creating a great place to work for our people is pinnacle to us and along with our Behaviours is at the core of everything we do, ensuring our people feel good, cared for and smart. We like to think it’s a fun and positive place to work – why not have a look for yourself https://join.specsavers.com/au/department/support-office/
Applicants for the role are required to have current working rights as per, relevant government legislation.