As eye health is our top priority, we’ve made OCT scans a standard part of pre-testing. Not only that, but we also put customers first by offering top-quality products and prioritizing turnaround time to get our glasses in the hands of our customers as quickly as possible. And as we grow to open 200 stores across Canada in 2024, we recognize the importance of always having licensed opticians on the floor at each of our stores – that’s why we need your optical expertise.
Your newly licensed optician opportunity
You chose a career in dispensing for a reason – to make a difference by ensuring that every customer leaves your store with an eyecare regime that really meets their needs.
We’re with you. We wouldn’t be where we are without our dedicated dispensing teams to interpret prescriptions, advise customers on the most suitable options, and fit their new glasses beautifully. We’re here to elevate your role as an optician by providing you with the tools and support you need so you can do what you love most – providing quality eyecare and eye wear to customers.
· Product Excellence: We use the latest clinical technology, rigorous testing, and extensive quality assurance processes to develop our lenses so that you can support your customers and patients with a full range of top-quality products that you’re proud to offer
· Clinical Excellence: We rely on your clinical expertise to ensure we deliver clinical excellence – that’s why we’re putting contact lens practitioners at the heart of contact lens dispensing. You’ll have also access to leading equipment, such as OCT for all patients, to ensure that all patients get the best accessible, quality eyecare
· Support: Opticians are supported and empowered by Specsavers, to practice within their full scope of their qualification, while being encouraged to further their career growth
· Professional Development: As experts versed in optics, opticians will provide mentorship to student opticians and the retail team, to assist with the development of our people and to continuously deliver high standards of services.
What are the benefits of joining Specsavers as a newly licensed optician?
· Being part of a company that values opticians as a key piece of our business – our vision is to elevate the role of Opticians by putting opticianry at the heart of our business, along with optometry
· A commitment to a continued investment in your professional development as an optician: we offer an annual stipend towards attendance of industry events, opticianry development training programs, and support for your completion of the Continuing Competence Program/Quality Assurance Program Opticianry
· At some select locations, we will be covering 100% of your OAC membership and licensing renewal fees
· An opportunity to set a benchmark for patient care and grow your clinic by earning patient trust, long-term care, and referrals
· Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation, 6 sick days (PT and FT), one paid volunteer day per year, your birthdays off, an annual birthday gift of 2 pairs of glasses or a years’ supply of contact lenses, and discounted rates for additional Specsavers products.
· Depending on your location, we offer an extended health benefits and employee assistance program, which offers support with mental, financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. Check
In addition to access to the latest clinical technology, training, and the opportunity to be with us from the start of our exciting Specsavers journey in Canada – you can be at the forefront for new opportunities and ownership if that’s something you want to pursue.
What we’re looking for
You will need to be a licensed/registered optician holding a valid Dispensing Optician and/or Contact Lens Fitter License in your province. Beyond your experience, you’re passionate about eyecare and are committed to exceptional customer experience and patient care.
More about us
At Specsavers, we’ve been transforming eye health and careers around the world for over 35 years. We are the world’s largest optical retailer serving 41 million customers at 2,500 locations in 11 countries. But we’re not just impressive numbers, we’re about industry-leading quality. Founded and led by two optometrists, what you will get is a commitment to advanced equipment, unrivalled training, and global clinical leadership – all tailored to you and the needs of your patients and customers