The Specsavers/ Louis Nielsen brand is our greatest asset, and we want to keep it that way! Our beloved teammate has, after many years of dedicated service, decided that it’s time to leave the nest and spread her wings towards new adventures. So, to ensure that the story about Specsavers/Louis Nielsen as a workplace, our Employer Brand (EB) – alongside our vision - remains consistently executed and communicated to our potential employees, we need a new colleague, aka Comms geek, in the team.
What you’ll do?
In this exciting role, you’ll spearhead content to go out on our EB channels (offline and online) and ensure alignment with the overall comms strategy for the team, who’s working across the Northern European region. You’ll also play an instrumental part in ensuring that our comms to potential employees at both store and support offices are relevant, on-brand, professional, and consistent with our employer value proposition. No person is an island in Specsavers, so this requires close collaboration with both regional and local stakeholders.
We’re on an exciting journey, so besides from all day-to-day tasks, you’ll also get plenty of opportunities to be involved in large projects that we have lined up. No two days will be alike in the team, but some of the regular tasks you’ll dive into will be to…
- Have an active role in the communication planning and the daily management of the content plan
- Produce and publish engaging content for diverse channels, including SoMe posts, newsletters, print material, websites etc.
- Manage the editorial calendar and ensure that your colleagues e.g. Copywriting and Design are informed, aligned, and manage expectations in terms of resources
- Always be on the lookout for good and relevant stories and stay up to date with content trends
- Support with monitoring traffic and metrics to turn insights into valuable recommendations for optimization of content plan
- Start up an employee advocacy programme
- Give training to colleagues on how to build their brand on LinkedIn.
We’re a highly skilled and collaborative team with an ambition to take our Employer Brand to the next level. We like to get involved, learn from each other, and have fun together.
As our new Communication Consultant, you’ll work at our brand-new Northern European support office in Nordhavnen with the opportunity to work from home when agreed. Our new office features a stunning rooftop terrace with breathtaking city and harbour views as well as many collaborative spaces.
Who you are?
We’re looking for an awesome colleague that lives and breathes good communication. The team consists of 12 collaborative, positive, and engaged individuals all working towards the same goal. We hope to get an energetic colleague onboard who enjoys getting nerdy and creative around comms, collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders, and having a good laugh with peers.
While we fully recognise that your skills go far beyond a simple checklist, we do encourage you to bring:
- Solid understanding of and skills in strategic and target group communications
- Genuine passion about planning, developing and managing content
- Strong organizational understanding preferably from a matrix organization
- Experience with channel management, social media, online platforms, and community building
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English plus at least one Scandinavian language
- Experience in Employer Branding is considered a plus.
What you’ll get?
- Join our global team of friendly, talented and passionate colleagues
- Enjoy a salary package matching your qualifications with perks such as pensions, health insurance, free eye care vouchers, and more
- Grow in your role with free access to online learning, monthly one-on-one discussions with your manager, personalised development plans, and increased responsibility
- We offer a fun work environment with great coffee, laughter, table tennis tournaments, birthday surprises, holiday celebrations, virtual Friday quizzes, and more.
How will you be onboarded?
- Thorough introduction to the team where you’ll get to know each one of us
- Onboarding meetings with our closest stakeholders in the NESO and country offices
- Understanding of recruitment activities and ways of workings in the region, and how we support our five markets in Northern Europe.
Within the next 12 months, you’ll:
- Become the go-to-person for content planning and how we communicate our EVP on many of our touch points
- Work on different projects that support recruitment activities in the region
- Have a good understanding of the organisation and how to support Specsavers’ purpose through your work
This is why you should apply according to your team
“In this role, I’ve cherished curating content for Specsavers and Louis Nielsen’s employee channels, which is part of shaping our workplace story. How to become a success in this role? Be proactive in hunting down employee stories and make sure to weave in our employer value proposition. And then, of course, to go for it!” –Christine Friis
Ticks all your boxes? Then apply today!
To apply, please send us your CV using the button below. We want to respect your time, so including an application letter is optional.
No need to include any photos or references to your age in your CV. It’s a big priority for us to make a fair and unbiased assessment.
If you’d like to know more about what a great bunch of people you’ll be working with, or what we strive to achieve together as a family-business, then visit our pages This is who we are and Our values.