Once a year Specsavers offers a Clinical Conference to eye- and hear care professionals across five markets in Northern Europe. For the past nine years this conference has grown bigger and more advanced as it has become both a physical and online event. Clinical Conference is just one of the many initiatives to become the thought leader with eye and hear care. To support the ongoing journey and development of our Clinical Conference, we’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to drive the overall project planning. If you have extensive project management experience within events and conferences and understand how to inject the brand into all touchpoints, this opportunity could be for you.
What you’ll do
As Project Manager, you will join our Employer branding & Industry Communication Team. You will have the overall responsibility of producing and maintaining an effective event project plan for our Clinical Conference, ensuring that the event runs on schedule, and deadlines are met. Based on last year’s evaluation of the conference and in close collaboration with specialists within the field of eye care and hearing, you will set the direction of our Clinical Conference and make sure the event runs from A to B flawlessly.
More specifically, you will:
- Be overall responsible for planning and driving our yearly Clinical Conference.
- Responsible for continuously developing on the concept for Clinical Conference together with the team ensuring it meets business needs and ambitions.
- Manage and own relationships with external agencies (e.g. SoMe, production agency, etc.) ensuring that they understand Specsavers; our brand, how we work, what we need and meet deadlines
- Ensure that all internal stakeholders (e.g. copywriters, design, product, communication, PR, recruitment etc.) on regional and local level are onboarded and engaged throughout the project.
- Responsible for proper evaluation of Clinical Conference with internal and external stakeholders and that learnings are carried through to the following cycle.
- Identify potential for new conferences / events which will support business priorities.
Who you are
We’re looking for a Project Manager who has extensive experience working with events and conferences, and who’s able to manage contacts and deadlines in several countries and functions. The role requires an individual who has a great understanding of stakeholder management and speak English fluently in order to ensure consistent coordination and planning. We are looking for a person who can enforce structure down the project planning process.
Finally, we’re looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working independently with project management and running large events and conferences both virtual and physical. Your experience could come from either an agency or a large international organisation.
- Ability to manage own projects and project plan on a day-to-day basis
- Experience with developing event concepts
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
What’s in it for you?
As Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the ongoing planning and development of our event and conference concept going forward. We are a company with a high ranking on Great Place to Work, and you will get to experience how ongoing development and employee wellbeing is always a part of our agenda.
You’ll also get the following perks:
- A flexible work environment with the opportunity to travel around Europe, if required
- Great training opportunities where no two days will be the same in our fast-moving matrix environment
- Be part of a business which serves a major impact on the future of eye and hearing care
Is this you? Great!
We’d love to hear from you. To apply, kindly send us your cover letter and CV through the button below. We’re on the lookout for the right person to join us as soon as possible so please apply right away!
If you have any questions regarding the position, you’re welcome to contact Head of Employer Brand & Industry Communication, Kristina Bølling, at + 45 61 24 99 97.