IT complexity? Are you motivated to take accountability for managing the outcome? This position comes with the guarantee of growth and reward as an essential member of an energetic, demanding, and supportive team.
What you’ll get?
- Become part of our global scrum team with skilled IT-professionals
- Join the world’s largest family-owned optical chain with a unique family feeling
- Enjoy a salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme, health insurance, free eye care vouchers and subscription to Headspace and much more
- Flexibility to design your own schedule, working from home or at the office – it’s up to you!
- Keep on developing in your role with free access to plenty of online learning offers, monthly Great Conversations with your manager, an individual Personal Development Plan that aligns with your talent and ambitions, and lots of responsibility!
What you’ll do?
You’ll be part of a team responsible for delivering continuous improvement to our Patient Management Systems in stores and delivering updates to our ongoing Retail delivery roadmap across a number of different applications and systems to develop and enable our business in its ambitious plan for market ownership Northern Europe. This is not your traditional scrum master opportunity. You are accountable for the scrum team and their output culminating in delivery and transition into Business As Usual. This role will also entail scrum coaching as well as delivery responsibilities.
Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for:
- All Agile ceremonies and the engagement of the team
- Execution, planning and delivery
- Defining, refining, and executing the backlog together with the Technical Product Manager and Head of Technology Product Management
- Working with shared-service teams, across the region and the other product team scrum masters
- Ensuring retail contracts are in place together with Procurement and associated teams
- Working with Quality & Improvement to capture learnings and work with continuous improvement.
Who you are?
Committed and experienced leader and an excellent communicator – that’s what we’re looking for. A certain somebody who can influence and negotiate to achieve required outcomes. You have an eye for a detail without losing a view of the bigger picture. To be that certain somebody for Specsavers, the ideal candidate would have:
- A proven track record of delivering Agile IT to high-quality
- Experience of managing high complexity
- A broad understanding of technology systems and applications
- Experience with managing geographically-dispersed cross-functional IT teams
- Experience in application deliveries
You will report directly to the Technical Product Manager for Retail in the Northern European region and will be based at either our one of our NE offices (Copenhagen, Aalborg, Gothenburg, Oslo, Vantaa, or Maarssen) or can be based in the UK. To be successful in this role, some travelling is required.
How will this role progress?
Within 3 months, you will:
- Be onboarded and establishing your ceremonies with the team
- Gain understanding to the roadmap and the deliveries across the region
- Support the deliveries within country and enabling the team to succeed.
Within 6-12 months, you are:
- Running team ceremonies with a team understanding to sprint and long term goals and bought into the agile methodology
- Understanding the technical delivery aspects and removing team impediments
- Understanding the store environment across the countries and avoiding the pitfalls like a pro
- Delivering for the Retail product plan.
Ticks all your boxes? Then apply today!
To apply, kindly send us your CV using the button below. Leaving an application letter is optional since we’d rather see your application fly in than take up your time. So please apply as soon as you can! If you’d like to know more about what a great bunch of people you’ll be working with, or what we strive to achieve together as a family-business, then visit our pages This is who we are and This is what we do.