Data and privacy statement
Requirements for User Testers
To be able to complete the user test, the User Tester shall fulfil an age requirement of 15 years old. The User Tester needs to have access to a computer and an internet connection, which Specsavers does not pay for. Furthermore, the computer required shall have a microphone installed, because a voice recording is necessary to complete the “think-out-loud–test”. A webcam is not necessary unless the matter is about specific user tests, and in that case, the User Tester is informed about that before the beginning of the user test.
The User Tester shall complete assignments as provided by Specsavers such as:
- Recording computer, mobile or tablet screen, actions, click and voice while tasks are being completed on the Website or app.
- Answer a number of questions regarding different elements such as design, user-friendliness and offer advice and suggestions on these matters.
- Make the recorded video available for Specsavers.
- For professional reasons, Specsavers reserves the right to make the User Testers profile inactive after at least one completed user test.
Sign up as a User Tester
When signing up as a User Tester, the User Tester will have the opportunity to complete a user test that matches the individual User Tester profile.
Specsavers reserves the right to reject User Testers if their completed user tests do not meet the expected standards or are in accordance with instructions made by Specsavers.
Payment for Satisfactory Completion of a User Test
Specsavers will routinely conduct quality assessments of the User Tester’s work, and if the work fails to meet Specsavers quality standards or instructions, Specsavers may terminate the User Tester without notice.
For every completed user test the User Tester receives a pre-agreed compensation which the User Tester accepts before the user test begins. A user test will approximately take 1 hour to complete. Specsavers does not guarantee the test time will not exceed 1 hour. Specsavers does not guarantee the User Tester a specific number of assignments, or reward.
The User Tester will receive their reward when Specsavers has approved the user tests results. Rewards will be given to the User Tester once Specsavers’ has reviewed all completed and approved tests.
Specsavers reserves the right not to provide a reward to the User Tester in the situation of the lack the delivered user test, including the following:
- Incorrect and misleading profile information.
- Bad prerequisites for completion of a “think-out-loud-test” such as background noise and none or bad sound quality.
- Use of a machine and equipment that has not been approved.
- A user test which does not comply with the expected standard or an incomplete user test. It is for Specsavers to decide if the user test does not comply with the expected standard or if a test is incomplete. Among other things, this will be the case, if the User Tester did not complete all the assignments or did not “think-out loud” in connection with an assignment.
- Testers will be rewarded for their effort with cinema tickets that will be delivered by the end of the month plus 30 days. In some cases, the rewards may be processed faster.
Data privacy statement
By providing your personal information you agree to the terms of this Data Privacy Statement and for your personal information (which might include sensitive personal information) to be processed and held by (i) Specsavers Optical Group Limited, La villiaze, St Andrews Guernsey GY8 6YP (which is part of the Specsavers Group of Companies); (ii) other companies within the Specsavers Group (each of whom are either based within the EEA, Australia or New Zealand); and (iii) by selected third parties (who may be based outside of the EEA).
Specsavers will collect your information directly from you unless it is not reasonably practicable to do so. Access to the information you provide to us shall be restricted to authorised users only and is treated in the strictest confidence and shall only be used for the purposes of participating in user testing.
We may hold your details on file for future reference. If you’d prefer that we don’t, you can contact us at any time to update your preferences at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your personal data, you declare that to the best of your knowledge the information provided is true and accurate and that it may be used, transferred and processed as described above (or in accordance with applicable data protection legislation).
If you would like to make an enquiry about this Data Privacy Statement or would like to make a request to access and update your personal information, or you believe that Specsavers has not adhered to this Data Privacy Statement at any time, please contact our Privacy Officer in writing and we shall use reasonable endeavours to correct any problem.