Are you passionate about accounting? Do you want to provide great service and accounting expertise to our store partners?
And do you see yourself working in a competitive yet informal team oriented work environment? Then we think you should go ahead and apply for the position as Accountant covering the Swedish business from Specsavers’ support office in Gothenburg!
What you’ll do
As our new Accountant, you’ll become part of a strong and caring team with 6 other accountants. Together, with the Controlling and Payroll team, you represent our Shared Service Center (FAS) with the main responsibility of serving our Specsavers stores.
Right now, we’re in the exciting and challenging phase of taking the FAS to the next level by improving our deliveries towards our Store Partners, work with our internal processes, and develop as a team. To provide the best service possible, we work independently on the accountings for a selection of our retail stores in Sweden. Here, your main tasks will be to:
- Manage the daily bookkeeping for approximately 14 stores
- Advise your store partners in accounting matters
- Responsible for monthly closing procedures including reconciliations
- Manage the delivery of tax filing and payment by preparing files for payment and ensuring all taxes are paid properly and on time.
- Responsible for yearly closing procedures including Annual reports and income tax declarations
- Ensure high quality and help ensure good internal controls
- Participate in audits and various ad hoc projects
Who you are
To take upon this role, it’s good to have a flexible approach to work and be able to adapt to an ever-changing environment. You should enjoy working independently and be confident in your capabilities to take responsibility for a selection of stores and be proactive in getting things done. Besides working independently, it’s important to cherish the fellowship in our team and be able to work together, when it’s required. As a supplement to these personal qualifications, you must also accommodate the following professional requirements:
- Worked as an accountant before, highly skilled within accounting
- Ability to work independently, solution-oriented mindset, trust in own skill and capability is very important
- Driven and self-motivated
- Strong individual but always a team player
- Preferably with experience from handling the bookkeeping for more companies /entities
- Retail experience / bookkeeping within Retail companies is an advantage, but not a must
- Hold great communication skills, both in verbal and written Swedish and English.
What’s in it for you?
Specsavers is on a journey to make better eye- and hearing care accessible to everyone. We offer you an exciting and challenging everyday life and career in a company with success and ambition. As our new Accountant, you will work with dedicated employees, where we always keep an open and honest dialogue to show appreciation of each other and nurture our strong and unique family culture. Your job is to make sure the accountings for 14 stores are handled and delivered correctly. In exchange, you’ll be offered professional development opportunities, exciting challenges, and not least the following employee perks:
- Join a smart, passionate, and confident team with colleagues from many nationalities
- Great training and development opportunities, where no two days will be the same in our changing matrix environment
- An informal, supportive, and fast-moving environment
- Great coffee, lots of laughs, regular birthday and Christmas treats, social events and much more
- A salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme, health insurance and other staff benefits
- Be part of a business which serves a major impact on the future of eye and hearing care.
Is this you? Great!
We’d love to hear from you. To apply, send your application using the button below. We’re on the lookout for the right person to join us as soon as possible, so please apply with your application letter and CV, and you’ll hear from us soon. If you have any questions regarding the position, you’re welcome to contact Senior Account Manager, Helen Mörck , at +46 70-215 47 85.