What you’ll get?
- Become part of an international team with friendly, smart, and passionate colleagues
- Enjoy a salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme, free eye care vouchers and subscription to Headspace and much more
- Keep on developing in your role with free access to plenty of online learning offers, monthly Great Conversations with your manager, an individual Personal Development Plan that aligns with your talent and ambitions, and lots of responsibility!
- Great coffee, lots of laughs, table tennis tournaments, exciting Christmas parties, and much more
What you’ll do?
In this newly established role, you’ll work primarily on Northern Europe based clinical innovation projects. You’ll lead the development and delivery of the Clinical Innovation Strategy and transform our clinical way of working by taking new business and commercial propositions in the clinical space, doing trials and potentially rollouts. Working closely with the Director of Professional Advancement and the NE leadership, you’ll develop the longer-term regional ambitions. You can expect some of your core tasks to include..
- Ideation and concept development – lead the development of new innovation concepts, define objectives and identify options for testing the concepts in real world situations
- Assessment – provide ad hoc clinical subject matter expertise to support the review and assessment of new innovations from third party suppliers of clinical devices and applications
- Execution – lead and deliver the set-up and management of proof-of-concept tests, to build evidence to support commercial business cases. Working hands on with country teams to ensure the successful execution of proof of concepts
- Engagement – lead on presenting and engaging key stakeholders to secure buy-in
- Commissioning – work with regional stakeholders to identify the resources needed for execution.
The Strategic Initiatives team purpose is to create long term sustainability for the business. This small, but high performing team is distributed across the globe, bringing together key talent that thinks differently and can challenge the status quo. The world we operate in is changing so fast, we need to be on the front foot to stay ahead, and that is the brief for this team. Key capabilities within the team include industry horizon scanning, research and insights, innovation, commercial development, business transformation and critical thinking.
This role is full time, but flexible working or potentially part time will be taken into consideration.
Who you are?
Our new Clinical Innovation Lead will have a massive impact on our future business, and therefore we are looking to recruit someone that is both clinically and operational oriented. We realise that you are not a checklist to be crossed off, but given the nature of this role, we hope that you can recognise the below mentioned description:
- Experience within Retail and Clinical fields – ideally qualified optometrist
- High interest in innovation and strategic development
- Appetite and interest to develop and drive clinical and commercial growth and expansion opportunities
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and to lead country and store teams through change to adopt new innovations and technology
- Focus on evidence-based decision-making
- Fluency in English and Dutch (both spoken and written) is required.
How will this role progress?
Within 3 months, you will:
- Be onboarded and learn about Specsavers’ business
- Start to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Understand the external environment and disruptive forces
- Understand our strategic direction of travel and the role innovation will play
Within 6-12 months, you are:
- Identifying new concepts for development
- Preparing and executing proof of concept trials
- Working across the region to develop the innovation pipeline with each country
- The go to person for developing new innovations and ideas in the region
- Delivering innovations that create benefit for our customers, our partners and our colleagues.
This is why you should apply according to your team!
“Expertise is a key priority for the business. In order to drive differentiation and make our clinical care more efficient, accessible and convenient, clinical innovation will be a key enabler to our plans.” – Jessica Nash, Director of Strategic Development
Ticks all your boxes? Then apply today!
To apply, kindly send us your CV using the button below. Leaving an application letter is optional since we’d rather see your application fly in than take up your time. So please apply as soon as you can!
If you’d like to know more about what a great bunch of people you’ll be working with, or what we strive to achieve together as a family-business, then visit our pages This is who we are and This is what we do.