What you’ll get?
- Become part of an international team with friendly, smart, and passionate colleagues
- Enjoy a salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme, free eye care voucher and subscription to Headspace, Telus Health, a day off on your birthday and much more
- Keep on developing in your role with free access to plenty of online learning offers, monthly Great Conversations with your manager, an individual Personal Development Plan that aligns with your talent and ambitions, and lots of responsibility
- Great coffee, lots of laughs, and lots of social events
What you’ll do?
This exciting new role is all about supporting the Country Director, and General Manager Audiology and the Dutch Management team. Your tasks will be centred around managing the secretarial and administrative requirements in a professional, confidential, and efficient manner.
You will also support administrative and operational elements of the wider country operations function with ad-hoc and routine activities. No two days will be the same as Management Assistant, and you can look forward to getting yourself deeply involved in…
- Calendar management and prioritization of schedules, e-mail, and phone call management
- Coordination; meetings (including pre-reading materials, participating, and taking minutes), events & venue bookings
- Organise travel and accommodation
- General administration for the Country Director and General Manager
- Being a close liaison with other PA’s in Specsavers
- Proactive Issue Identification and Resolution: Anticipate potential challenges or bottlenecks in schedules and projects, offering solutions and coordinating effectively to mitigate issues
- Confidential Information Handling: Ensure strict confidentiality in managing sensitive information, demonstrating discretion and integrity
- Internal and External Communication: Act as a point of contact between the Country Director, General Manager, and internal or external stakeholders, facilitating smooth communication
- Document Preparation and Management: Create, edit, and manage important documents and presentations, ensuring accuracy and adherence to company standards
- Project Coordination Support: Provide support in project management activities, including planning, execution, and tracking of key milestones
- Continuous Process Improvement: Regularly review and recommend improvements to administrative processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Some travelling is to be expected.
We’re a highly skilled and collaborative team that enjoys working closely together and supporting the future growth and culture in Specsavers. We like to get involved, learn from each other, and have fun together.
As our new Management Assistant, you’ll work at our support office in Maarssen with flexibility to work from home some days.
Who you are?
For this role we expect you to have previous experience in a PA role or as an operational assistant. As this role requires handling many sensitive information, often with tight deadlines, you’ll need to always maintain confidentiality and have a high attention to detail. We’re aware that you’re not some checklist to be crossed off, but we do however hope that you can say yes to the following…
- Experienced user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email systems such as Office 365
- Ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks at the same time
- A flexible approach to your daily tasks (things sometimes happen really fast at Specsavers)
- Being able to validate the difference between urgent and important
- Ability to be assertive when required to ensure the job gets done
- Fluently in writing and speaking Dutch and English.
This is why you should apply according to your team!
“Working for Specsavers is so rewarding in many ways. We care for each other, the environment, and our customers. In this role, you’ll get to work on a lot of different tasks and learn a great deal about how we run our business. And last, but not least – you get to have a lot of fun while developing yourself!” – Sr. Recruitment Business Partner, Christina Kunze
Ticks all your boxes? Then apply today!
To apply, kindly send us your CV using the button below. Leaving an application letter is optional since we’d rather see your application fly in than take up your time. So please apply as soon as you can! Please avoid including any photos or references to your age, gender, ethnicity etc. in your CV. It contributes to a fairer and more unbiased assessment.
If you’d like to know more about what a great bunch of people you’ll be working with, or what we strive to achieve together as a family-business, then visit our pages This is who we are and This is what we do.