At Specsavers, we promise you a highly dynamic workplace and a company growing at a high pace. Specsavers is constantly changing and very passionate about being the best in everything we do. You’ll work with different people and roles throughout the business, all willing to go the extra mile for our brand.
What you’ll get?
- Become part of an international team with friendly, smart, and passionate colleagues
- Enjoy a salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme, free eye care vouchers and subscription to Headspace and much more
- Keep on developing in your role with free access to plenty of online learning offers, monthly Great Conversations with your manager, an individual Personal Development Plan that aligns with your talent and ambitions, and lots of responsibility!
- Great coffee, lots of laughs, table tennis tournaments, regular birthday treats, exciting Christmas parties, virtual Friday quizzes, and much more
What you’ll do?
As a Clinical Performance Consultant (CPC), you are supporting our optometry and optics professionals in the stores with improving their clinical performance. You also make sure that each store is working according to our professional quality standards. You are part of a professional advancement team of multiple optometry experts. As a team you are focussed on improving and growing the business by raising the efficiency and quality of our optics and optometry services. Your role will include the following elements;
- Working closely with the retail team to define which stores need support / coaching
- Day to day support of all SIBV employed professional optometrist in store, provide coaching, development, mentoring and auditing
- Coaching of Optics Partners, opticians and Optometrists in a region
- Actively follow training to stay ahead of the game on eyecare, including newest innovation
- Analysis of Clinical KPI store reports including number of tests per optom, referral rates etc.
- Responsible for ensuring stores are compliant with Specsavers clinical procedures, for example around tele-optometry.
- Containing Quality through Audits and training
- Monthly follow up by teams or phone. Assess progress and provide further advice.
- Responsible for the management and implementation of new projects to the stores. (organize trainings, systems, and products)
Joining the team Professional Advancement team means joining an ambitious team with lots of varied tasks and where no two days are alike.
As our new CPC, you’ll work at our Maarssen office in the Netherlands and will travel to stores in the region and report to our Head of Professional Advancement.
Who you are?
To be considered for this role, you need to be passionate about supporting and coaching people. You get energy from making people better, but you are also not afraid to have more difficult conversations when needed. You are the expert in optometry and preferably optics from clinical perspective and you can use this knowledge to inspire others. You believe in our mission to make innovative eye care available for everyone in the Netherlands. You should be able to accommodate the following qualifications:
- Experienced Optometrist (3-5 years recent field experience)
- Active KP registration (qualified optometrist)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in Dutch and English)
- Management experience
- Fluent in English and Dutch – both verbal and written
- You are willing to travel across the country to visit our stores
- Confident with strong coaching and influencing skills
- Fully engaged with the current optics and optometry market in the Netherlands
- Keep knowledge of the changes in eye health system (incl, HIC’s)
- You are flexible in working hours so for example organizing a training event in the evening hours isn’t a problem.
How will this role progress?
Within 3 months, you will:
- Be onboarded and learn about our store processes
- Learn about our tele-optometry journey
- Get acquainted with all the optometrists working in the office and stores
Within 6-12 months, you are:
- Working on lots of interesting clinical things
- Creating support and training for opticians and optometrists
- The expert and go-to person for optics and optometry related stuff
- Delivering everyday support on clinical quality in stores
This is why you should apply according to your team!
“In our team, we all love what we do and are super dedicated to giving excellent eye care. If you become a CPC, you’ll play a key role in enhancing the clinical knowledge of our optometrists and store employees. Together, we work hard to make our services even better. If you want to make a difference in eye care at Specsavers, take this chance to join our team, and let’s make eye care even better together! Will you be the next CPC to join our team?” – Farah Amara, CPC
Ticks all your boxes? Then apply today!
To apply, kindly send us your CV using the button below. Leaving an application letter is optional since we’d rather see your application fly in than take up your time. So please apply as soon as you can! Please avoid including any photos or references to your age in your CV. It contributes to a fairer and more unbiased assessment.
If you’d like to know more about what a great bunch of people you’ll be working with, or what we strive to achieve together as a family-business, then visit our pages This is who we are and This is what we do.