As a business, we’re focused on our Specsavers community and our Support Office colleagues are part of a central team that support our stores. Being a part of our community means utilising the power of collaborative ways of working and so when the States of Guernsey announced that the Bailiwick had moved to Phase Four of its exit strategy on 30 May, we made the decision to bring our Guernsey teams back together under one roof.
In early June, we welcomed colleagues back to our La Villiaze offices in Guernsey and we’re looking forward to welcoming our colleagues back to our Cirrus House and Whiteley offices when the UK government announces that people can return.
To ensure a safe environment for everyone our Facilities Management team have worked hard to put measures in place to support social distancing and hygiene in line with health and safety recommendations.
The measures include:
- social distancing observation in all areas of our offices
- enhanced hygiene practices with regular cleaning of communal areas
- removal of hot desking and spaced desks where required with regular cleaning each evening
- zoning in our UK offices which includes a kitchen area and toilet facilities (to reduce contact and ensure smooth contact tracing if required)
- hand sanitisers readily available
- signage to remind people of the necessary distancing and hygiene measures in place – including in our kitchens and toilet facilities
- reduced opening hours for our offices (with the offices closed at weekends and Bank Holidays)
- Reducing seating capacity in meeting rooms and informal meeting areas
- Reduced number of sinks and hand dryers in toilet facilities to ensure social distancing and closure of showers and changing rooms
- Recording of visitors to the building, and only by prior approval of our Group Services team
- Contactless payments in the staff café (where applicable) and reduced seating
All colleagues are back in the office in La Villiaze, while in Cirrus House and Whiteley we have welcomed colleagues who need to be in the office.