Assistant Manager / Manager In Training
Salary: Competitive Salary depending on experience
Working hours: 40 hours per week to include 1 weekend day
Experience level: Optical experience is essential for this role
Opportunities for Progression & Development
Friendly, Supportive Team
Specsavers Hampton is looking for either an experienced Assistant Manager or a Supervisor / Optical Assistant wanting to progress into Management
As Assistant Store Manager you will support the store directors and management team in the effective running of the store. You will support with supervising, coaching and motivating staff to achieve excellent retail standards and customer service. You will support by inspiring the team and using KPI’s to increase sales, minimise costs and maximise profits.
At Specsavers we are passionate about our people and their development. You will receive thorough and continued training and development to enhance your understanding of our products and how to put into practice effective people management.
You will be a key part in creating a warm and friendly atmosphere and an outstanding store environment both for our customers and our team.
· Lead by example providing first class customer service to customers
· Deputies for the Manager when they are away from the business
· Be a role model for excellent management within your store so that every member of staff feels valued, so they give their best, enjoy their job and contribute to running a superb store
· Be proactive in making sure the store is always looking its best and is presented to the highest standards. Have an eye for detail and put anything right that you come across that is not quite perfect.
· Act as an escalation point for the team to resolve any customer concerns
· Assist the In-Store Trainer, to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required within the team to drive business objectives.
· Help to drive and set store KIP’s – challenging poor performance in the team positively and confidently and equally rewarding great performance in the team
· Support the Management team with daily team meetings providing direction and motivation for the day.
· Provide support with regular 1-2-1’s, performance reviews, setting goals and development opportunities for all team members
· Support the Manager with staff rostering and organising the team on a daily basis to achieve objective and ensure the smooth running of the store.
· Champion a continuous improvement mindset, looking for commercial improvements to improve business standards and customer service
· Drive efficiencies and profitability in store operations through, but not exclusive to, cash, stock and lab management
· Support the store partners and store manager with the business planning activities
· Ensure you maintain a commitment to continually develop yourself to strengthen your performance and leadership in an ever-changing business
· Ad hoc duties as directed by the Store Directors or senior management
· Experience of leading and developing a team and able to demonstrate strong team management skills and provide leadership to execute strategy
· Able to effectively communicate with people at all levels ensuring that your style is altered to fit the situation
· Excellent listening and communication skills and able to influence at all levels
· Adaptable and open to change
· Driven and motivated to achieve targets
· Experience of working in a fast-paced retail environment
· Passionate about providing excellent customer service
· Able to work effectively as part of a team and delivers effective feedback where appropriate
· Comfortable in presenting information to other team members e.g. through daily briefings
· Comfortable in effectively delegating responsibilities and tasks to other team members
· Is happy to receive feedback and takes steps to develop and improve.
· Experience of working in an optics business
If you are interested, please click Apply as this vacancy will close once we have filled all available places.
Our commitment to diversity and to inclusion is to have an inclusive culture where everyone feels welcome, valued and proud to belong.