What you'll do
Clinical Manager – Role Overview – no optical experience requried
To assist the JVP and store manager in the management of clinical and call centre departments in order to achieve excellent customer service, clinical care, financial goals and business objectives.
About the Role
- As Clinical Manager you will lead the clinical and call centre teams with the ultimate aim of providing the very best in patient eye care
- Whilst leading the clinical and call centre teams, you will use your people management skills to engender a culture of professionalism and patient care. Leading from the front, your aim is to provide patients with the highest degree of professional eye care and customer service.
- Ensure the leadership vision in the store is in line with Specsavers Vision and Values
- Manage the induction of new staff
- To assist the store manager in dealing with customer complaints efficiently and effectively
- Discuss and set business objectives with Store Partners
- Create a culture of “Customer First” in the business
- Understand and motivate store staff to get results
- Manage the seating area efficiently, ensuring all customers are spoken to and any immediate questions or requirements that they have are attended to
- Measure the waiting times in store and fully explain the reasons behind any delay of more than five minutes to a customer's appointment, understanding the impact this might have on them.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the appointment diary each day so that any emergency or walk in customers can be accommodated where possible
- Liaise with the store manager to ensure that the daily clinics are set up effectively, including appropriate test times, avoiding similar side-by-side appointments.
- Feedback to the store team in daily huddles and team meetings how the store is performing on customer service, asking them to discuss and agree how they will be avoided in the future.
- Work with the optometrist Director to review waiting times performance, how waiting times can be reduced and how clinics can run on time
- Support and manage three-way handovers to ensure the optoms can return to testing promptly
- Support the Store Directors and store manager to create a positive and energetic team
- Work with the store manager to provide the highest standards in customer service so that we deliver the best service of any retailer
- Implementation of Optical Shared Care Schemes
- Ensure that the service provided meets legal, professional and Company Standards
- Understand, adapt and develop your own management style to ensure your own personal development
- Help people understand their role, what’s expected and how they fit in
- Customer excellence results, including Maze and Mystery Shopper
- Consistently positive feedback from customers
- Be a role model for Green blood management within the store so that every member of staff feels valued, so they give their best, enjoy their job and contribute to running a superb store
- Create opportunities for regular discussion and manage performance
- Regularly review business performance and create a sustainable business plan
- Live the values and behaviours – make it happen
- Be an ambassador for the Specsavers Brand at all times