Job Role: Optical Assistant Apprentice
Working hours: Full time – 37.75 hours (to include weekend working)
Weekly Salary: £243.75
At Specsavers, we’re always looking to the future- which is where people like you come in.
Our Apprenticeship scheme gives people of all ages the chance to boost their existing skillset and kickstart an exciting new career as part of a forward-thinking business, all whilst earning a full-time wage.
We are currently looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about providing great customer service and would like to pursue a career in retail, management or optics. As well as being passionate and motivated in everything you do, it’s important that you’re also a great listener and communicator – as that’s what excellent service is all about. In addition to having great communication skills, you’ll also be a team player and have a real passion for making a difference, both in your development and within the business.
Who is this Apprenticeship for?
• Recent school/college leavers OR those looking for a new challenge
• Individuals with GSCE Maths at Grade C/4 or above, or an equivalent level qualification
• Individuals who have lived in the EU for 3 years or more, with the right to work in the UK
What does the role involve?
• Welcoming customers into store
• Booking in eye tests
• Pre-screening patients
• Providing style advice
• Measuring frames
• Taking phone calls
What will you gain?
Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning that will lead to a nationally recognised qualification. At the end of your 15-18 months as an apprentice, you’ll be a fully-fledged Level 3 Optical Assistant. Over the course of the 18 months with us, you’ll:
• Earn a salary
• Gain valuable work experience in a full-time role
• Receive comprehensive and structured training, supported by a qualified assessor
• Deliver high-quality products and services in an innovative retail environment
• Become part of a team working towards a common goal
• Be entitled to paid holidays
On top of everything we have to offer our apprentices, we’re just as happy to learn from you too! In this role, a head full of ideas will certainly come in handy and could make a real difference to how we do things right across the business. With us, you’ll always have the opportunity to make a difference. Even though we’re a relatively large company, the entrepreneurial spirit that got us off the ground is still at the heart of everything we do.
Please click Apply as this vacancy will close once we have filled all available places.
Our commitment to diversity and to inclusion is to have an inclusive culture where everyone feels welcome, valued and proud to belong.