Location: Swansea, South West Wales
Total package: Earn up to £80,000 depending on experience
Working hours: Full or part-time working patterns available
Experience level: Open to both newly qualifed and experienced Optometrists registered with the GOC
Specsavers in Swansea is a family orientate practice with hands-on Partners. Our store has an “Independant” vibe, with all the standards and proceedures you would expect from the global brand. We are looking for an ambitious Optometrist to join us. The focus at this store, is about pulling together and working as a team to ensure that our valued patients have an excellent experience. Become our new Optometrist at Specsavers in Swansea – a highly successful store with a great reputation for staff progression and the very highest standards of customer care and services.
What’s on Offer?
• Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience and qualifications. (To be discussed more at interview)
• Up to £10,000 welcome bonus (terms apply)
• 37.5 hours a week, over 5 days on a 4 week rolling rota. One weekend off a month, work one Sunday a month
• Flexible hours, full, part time or fixed term contract available!
• 33 days holiday, after 12 months qualify for a Celebration day (an extra day off per year)
• Pension Contribution
• Medical & Dental Cover
• GOC fees covered
• 60% off NCP parking, if required
• Funded professional development opportunities including College of Optometrists additional qualifications
• The support of an experienced optometrist team of 12
• Support with CPD and clinical development
• Access to the latest clinical technology
• Opportunity to be a pre reg supervisor
• Opportunity to be involved in enhanced service delivery
As well as routine sight tests and contact lens appointments the practice is part of the WECS (Welsh Eye Care Services) providing acute eyecare, referral refinement services and post op care.
We offer a Wet Macular Degeneration service, where patients are referred by the Consultant Ophthalmologist based in Singleton Hospital’s Ophthalmology Department in order to assess patients in the community thus reducing the risk of COVID infections due to hospital visits and freeing up capacity for active patients. Patients are also safely assessed and reviewed virtually by utilising technological advancements, which cuts down waiting times for patients and increases capacity for injections.
Link: New ‘Gold Standard’ team saving sight in Swansea – Swansea Bay University Health Board (nhs.wales)
The practice also offers a Low Vision Clinic
We are seeking an optometrist who has an interest in expanding their clinical knowledge so they can become part of the team that provides these services.
What we’re looking for
Alongside being a qualified and GOC registered Optometrist, we are searching for someone who shares our store’s ethos. Someone who wants to grow, develop and offer exceptional customer care along the way. We want a practitioner who prides themselves on their clinical judgment, that isn’t afraid of a hands-on approach and who is keen to get involved and build rapport with the rest of the team. In summary, we’re looking for a skilled resident Optometrist to join us, be part of the team and assist in driving our practice forward.
Interested? To find out more contact Emma Johnston: firstname.lastname@example.org 01566 770125
Our commitment to diversity and to inclusion is to have an inclusive culture where everyone feels welcome, valued and proud to belong.