A career with Specsavers in the Channel Islands

We have a support office based in Guernsey where you’ll find opportunities in Product Development, Marketing, Creative, Public Relations, Information Technology, Finance, Legal, HR & Communications and Insurance.

We also have stories in both Guernsey and Jersey if you are looking for a clinical or retail role over here.

Below is a quick guide to support your understanding of eligibility to relocate and work in the Channel Islands.

Am I eligible to work in the Channel Islands?

You will not need immigration permission to live in the Channel Islands if:

  • You are a British citizen
  • The holder of an EEA family permit
  • A swiss national
  • A national of a member state of the EU/EEA

What if I don't have the right to work in the Channel Islands?

The Channel Islands visa requirements will be the same as the UK requirements and expats can visit the UK visas website to find out if a visa is needed. A visa must be applied for before travelling and it should be applied via the British Diplomatic Post in the country that you reside in. There are also a few other factors you may need to think about below:

Work permit

Work permits are considered for those who are working as:

  • Entertainers
  • Healthcare professionals
  • Finance and legal professionals
  • Digital sectors

Individuals who have secured jobs in the Channel Islands will need a work permit. This should be applied for by your employer before arrival.

Housing permits

The property market in the Channel Islands is not as straight forward as other countries as the housing is restricted in Jersey and Guernsey with house permits only being given to expats who are able to fill gaps or bring proceeds to the islands.

Those who are unable to get a government housing permit will need to live in private homes and with the accommodation and space being limited, the demands for houses are high which makes it hard for expats to find properties.

Be the best you can be

Join us
Watch film